Specialization in Digital Literacies and Literatures
The University of Texas at Austin
MA, Liberal Studies (2015)
Specialization in Digital Humanities
The Graduate Center at the City University of New York
BA, Literature (2010)
Specialization in Creative Writing
The University of California, Santa Cruz
Travelogue: Mapping a History of American Authors Abroad (2014)
Room4108.org, The Liberal Studies Student Journal, (2013)
RHE 306, Rhetoric and Writing: Race and Criminal Justice (Fall 2015)
The University of Texas at Austin
Writing Assistant (Sept 2006–May 2010)
University of California, Santa Cruz
- Tutored groups of 3-5 students in English grammar, writing composition and reading comprehension.
- Designed tutoring sessions according to student needs and course goals.
- Instructed ESL students individually to improve English composition skills and comprehension.
- Worked as a drop-in writing tutor for students of all levels and backgrounds.
Other Professional Experience
Freelance Writer and Photographer (2010–present)
- Writer for Green Rush Consulting LLC, Acoustic Guitar Magazine, Strings Magazine, San Francisco Weekly, Priceline.com. Freelance photographer for theStorefront.com.
Assistant Project Director (2014)
The Stanton-Heiskell Center for Public Policy. New York, NY
- Helped write final reports for funders; wrote and designed marketing materials.
- Conducted research for a longitudinal study on technology in the high school classroom; collected and managed data.
- Met daily and weekly with the Director to discuss project goals.
Project Manager (2014)
- Conceived of, managed, and organized the successful launch of an e-learning website for a graduate seminar.
- Managed a five-person team including design, research, outreach, and development.
- Designed, wrote, and delivered a ten-minute Slides presentation to over 50 faculty and staff members at launch.
Marketing Coordinator (2013)
Pyramid Consulting Group. New York, New York
- Managed and wrote weekly blog and daily job postings, marketing copy, company letters and memos.
- Wrote, proofread, and edited official letters and documents for the CEO.
- Mentored and instructed interns in basic marketing principles and writing practices.
- Conducted in-depth marketing research for the CEO.
- Coordinated charity events and fundraising efforts.
- Designed and wrote marketing flyers, daily advertisements; managed marketing campaigns and increased open rates.
- Organized and managed a complete website redesign; wrote new web copy for buttons and other content.
- Provided IT and technical support for the office, relayed complex concepts to employees.
Editorial Assistant (2010–2011)
String Letter Publishing. San Rafael, California
- Managed the development of String Letter’s educational website: AcousticGuitarU.com.
- Wrote daily, weekly and monthly newsletters.
- Wrote a 20-page manual to instruct employees in content management and maintenance for AcousticGuitarU.
- Assisted the editorial department with copy editing, research and transcription.
- Managed all social media accounts and promoted String Letter’s multiple brands.
Campus News Reporter (2009–2010)
City on a Hill Press. Santa Cruz, California
- Reported and wrote original articles for UCSC’s student newspaper.
- Actively participated in weekly content planning meetings.
Memberships and Affiliations
Modern Language Association (MLA)
MALS Student Association. The Graduate Center, CUNY.
NYC Digital Humanities (NYCDH)
The Association for Computers and the Humanities (ACH)
Proficient in MLA, APA, AP, and Chicago style. Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook. Google +, Analytics, Calendar, Docs. Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. WordPress, Tumblr. HTML. Conversational French.